Saturday, May 26, 2012

Okashi

Remember Tomomi san? She surprised me again the other day with another beautiful omiyage from her trip to Tokyo. That girl's kindness makes my head spin! 



This delectable thing was in the shape of a seal (I think?), and was made from a soft cake outer layer and contained a sweet, light anko (red bean paste) filling. 




Smiling Macaron, with chocolate ganache. 


 The next day, I was also able to get my act together and somewhat repay Tomomi for her uber kindness. I picked out a sakura macaron and a chocolate madeleine from the okashi section of Boni Moriya デパート, and attached an attempted origami heart on which I wrote "Thank you for being my friend" in Japanese. I hope she likes it. 




1 comment:

  1. awww she sounds like such a sweetie! hahaha how cute is your gift too!!?! x

    ReplyDelete