Saturday, April 7, 2012

肉まん for breakfast


Between riding my new じてんしゃ around in the snow and spending three hours negotiating with the staff at Softbank, I haven’t had too much time for blogging. But a few things have been happening, so I'l try and update you.

After the lovely Alaskan 留学生, Courtney, helped us scavenge forgotten furniture for our rooms and showed us our shoe lockers, I made my new space look as homey as possible. Luckily, as the new school year is just about to start, there was a good selection of furniture left by our senpais. I even got a low bed frame for my futon! The photos in my previous post show a small section of what it looks like now, but here is another one of the whole room:




Because of the tight quarters, long poles are handy for creating extra hanging space. Apart from missing the occasional book or set of coloured textas, living with less stuff is working for me. However, I am a hoarder by nature, so who knows how long this space will stay clutter-free. 

The girls' dorm is about a fifteen minute bike ride from university (北海道教育大学) and is painted a calming pale green. There are around sixty girls residing here, twenty on each floor. 




Within ten minutes walk there is a 7 Eleven, a Lawsons, a Seria (100 円 store) and the コープさっぽろ(a supermarket). I woke up this morning and bought a 肉まん for breakfast. The combinis are almost dangerously close.




美味しかったです。また、ね!

No comments:

Post a Comment