Sunday, April 8, 2012

Kibana

A few nights after I arrived in Hakodate, I made friends with a girl called Tomomi-san. She was very patient, genuinely interested and tolerant of my broken Japanese punctuated with numerous えと。。あの。。moments. Last night, I opened my door after hearing a faint knock, and there was Tomomi-san, holding a packet of cookies in her outstretched hands. I took them graciously using some of the right vocabulary for that situation, but I don't think she really understood exactly how welcomed they made me feel. Thank you Tomomi-san!



2 comments:

  1. Eleanor! Your living the dream in Japan! So jealous and excited for you at the same time! I look forward to reading about your Japan adventures via your blog. Thanks for including me on your links xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, thank you for your lovely comment! I am so surprised and flattered that you are reading this. Definitely living the dream! x

    ReplyDelete